Attractions & Dining
Central Coast Local Attractions and Things To Do
- Avoca Theatre - one of the most unique theatres in Australia. Built in 1951 the theatre has been beautifully restored to its original glory but equipped with the most modern sound and seating. Complimentary tea & coffee are served in the foyer filled with chandeliers and historic memorabilia, creating a wonderful ambience. Bookings Ph: 02 43 811 488
- Cafes & Restaurants – there are nine restaurants and cafes in Avoca ranging from cheap and cheerful to fine dining overlooking the ocean. Terrigal is only 5 minutes drive away and has many more to choose from. Please ask us to make a recommendation or reservation in advance for you.
- Local town - plenty of stores for all necessity shopping including butcher, laundromat, newsagency, supermarket, hardware and post office.
- Rock fishing – Avoca is renowned as an excellent spot for fishing.
- Avoca Tennis Courts – two synthetic grass courts and a practice wall. Kitchen, BBQ, children's playground equipment & racquet hire also available. Bookings Ph: 02 4382 1271
Restaurants close by
- Rojo Rocket - Mexican Restaurant
- Bombini Restaurant & Bar
- Lizottes - Italian Restaurant
- Seaside Cafe - Eclectic menu for breakfast, lunch and High Tea. Also with an extensive range of handmade products to purchase from the Pantry. Seaside will also happily prepare picnic baskets of your choosing for days when you're out adventuring.
- Godfather's Pizzeria Cafe & Italian Family Restorante
Some of the best beaches in Australia can be found here nestled in amongst national parks or just off the highway. Life-saving teams patrol most beaches. Sports are well catered for. You can enjoy golf, cricket, football, soccer, sailing and surfing. A special day out is a visit to the horse races at Gosford or Wyong racecourses.
For the tourist the great appeal of the Central Coast is in the wide variety of activities available.
Other areas have their beaches or mountains, their rivers and valleys, but the Central Coast has them all, in ready proximity and endless diversity. This guide is produced to help you find the best of what the Central Coast and Avoca Beach has to offer.